READY TO QUIT?
CALL THE QUITLINE TODAY! OPEN 24/7.
You will receive:
- Telephone, text, and web-based counseling services to any tobacco user 13 years and older
- 5-call program to all Georgians
- 10-call specialty program for pregnant and postpartum women
- Cessation (quitting) services that address the use of all tobacco products
- help for a variety of languages
- Referrals to community resources
- FREE 4-week supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs), gum or patch, for qualified Georgia residents
What is the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL) is a FREE evidence-based public health service available to help Georgians quit smoking, vaping and stop using all forms of tobacco products. GTQL is monitored by the Georgia Tobacco Use Prevention Program (GTUPP) and partners with a national tobacco cessation vendor to provide telephone, text and web-based services. The service follows the United States Public Health Service Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Clinical Practice Guidelines.
All Georgia residents who are ready to make a quit attempt can call the GTQL. Calls are also encouraged from concerned family members, friends, healthcare providers, public health professionals, and employers of Georgia residents.
Why should you call the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
- Highly effective. Quit coaches improve the chances of quitting by 50%.
- Receive helpful quitting tips/techniques and support.
- Eliminates barriers of traditional cessation classes such as, waiting for a class to be held or having to drive to a location in order to be in a class.
- Provides easy access for people who live in rural or remote areas.
- Empowers callers who may feel uncomfortable with seeking help in a group setting.